Super magnum fuel filter replacement

Sezione interamente dedicata alla manutenzione, alla riparazione, alla risoluzione di problemi ed alle migliorie apportabili all'acquascooter.

Moderatore: Moderatori

Regole del forum
Prima di aprire un nuovo topic, accertarsi di rispettare la:
REGOLA DELL' ACCODAMENTO DEI MESSAGGI AI TOPIC GIA' ESISTENTI

Super magnum fuel filter replacement

Messaggioda diverakis » domenica 28 giugno 2015, 11:54

Hi to all of you.
I have been watching pescasubapnea for some time now,reading all the very interesting topics of you.Unfortunately I use google traslate,so sometimes translation fails .This my first topic and I try to write very simple.
Please someone could explain how to replace the fuel tank filter.Tried to fish it with a wire but it is very big to put it out from the opening.
Thanks again for your outstanding information every member shares in here.I found many solutions reading all of you.
George
diverakis
Avanced User
Avanced User

Re: Super magnum fuel filter replacement

Messaggioda orsoorso » domenica 28 giugno 2015, 21:03

fishing the fuel filter can be really a pain in the ass. The best way is to prepare a lace (loop) of strong fishing line passing it though a small diameter plastic tube, like the one that you find in most spry bottles.Then you have to pass the loop around the bottom of the filter (opposite side of the fuel line one) and hold it firmly pulling the fishing line trough the small tube.
This way, with a little patience the filter will pass though the fuel port of the tank.
Before detaching the filter, do not forget to tie a copper wire to the fuel line, or you will have to fish it to refit to the filter.
To avoid such chore, I drilled a 3 mm hole in the bottom of the filter, and screwed a self tapering screw in it, with a permanently attached fishing line to it, so I can service the filter in the field.
Very probably somebody else in the forum may give you even better advice.
orsoorso

Re: Super magnum fuel filter replacement

Messaggioda diverakis » martedì 30 giugno 2015, 9:50

orsoorso ha scritto:fishing the fuel filter can be really a pain in the ass. The best way is to prepare a lace (loop) of strong fishing line passing it though a small diameter plastic tube, like the one that you find in most spry bottles.Then you have to pass the loop around the bottom of the filter (opposite side of the fuel line one) and hold it firmly pulling the fishing line trough the small tube.
This way, with a little patience the filter will pass though the fuel port of the tank.
Before detaching the filter, do not forget to tie a copper wire to the fuel line, or you will have to fish it to refit to the filter.
To avoid such chore, I drilled a 3 mm hole in the bottom of the filter, and screwed a self tapering screw in it, with a permanently attached fishing line to it, so I can service the filter in the field.
Very probably somebody else in the forum may give you even better advice.

Thank you very much orsoorso,this is brilliant,especially the trick with the permanent screw with the fishing line on the filter bottom!!!
diverakis
Avanced User
Avanced User

Torna a Aquascooter Comer - Arkos